Who Should Take this Course?
CPR for Medical Professionals & Healthcare Students. BLS Provider Certification Classes meets CPR requirements for healthcare professionals and students such as nurses, doctors, EMTs and other health-related providers.
All certifications are provided through American Heart Association, and are valid for 2 years.
The goal of the BLS for Healthcare Providers course is to train participants to save lives of victims in cardiac arrest through CPR, both with hospital settings, and the community. This course trains participants to promptly recognize cardiac arrest, give high quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED, as part of a team and individually. This course also teaches how to relieve choking. This course includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques. Anyone who needs to become certified in CPR for a healthcare setting can take this course. Rescuers who want to learn more about performing 1 or 2 rescuer CPR can also take this course. 2.50 Basic CEHs CE/CME credits for this course. *All participants are required to have a current textbook.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants